Participation Guidelines for Shaukat Khanum National Science and Engineering Fair 2018
- The link for Registration Pro Forma is given at the end of this page. Fill in the details and submit.
- Students of 8th to 12th Grade can participate individually or as a team; a team can comprise of 2 members.
- Participating student or team must fill in questions of the abstract (synopsis) page which summarizes the research work done by student (s), after filling the Registration Form.
- The abstract should clearly explain the purpose of the proposed research.
- Originality is a must, plagiarism is strictly checked and not allowed.
- The participant will be contacted by the relevant regional coordinator to inform whether the submitted project abstract has been accepted / approved or not by the committee of subject specialists via email.
- Only qualifying projects / students will be eligible to proceed to next round. All students participating in the fair must adhere to rules as set forth in Science Fair Guidelines.
- Repetition of previous year’ project is not allowed and such projects will be disqualified.
- Qualifying projects for the next stage can again be scrutinized by the National Scientific Review Committee.
- Each student may enter only one project covering research done during a maximum of 12 continuous months, not more than that.
- 12 grade students will only be allowed if the parent submits a hundred rupee stamp undertaking along with his CNIC copy at the time of registration.
- Students will be required to present their Project on the required exhibit / poster / board format (dimensions given below), along with all the supplementary material, proto type / working model, the Abstract, Research Paper and the Data Log Book. Please ensure that the documents are submitted on arrival at the Provincial / National Fair. Research Paper is the detailed information about the project.
- Students taking part in the Provincial Fairs who are winners / shortlisted will move on to the Shaukat Khanum National Science and Engineering Fair 2018 to be held in November, 2018, to further vie for the opportunity to represent Pakistan at Intel® ISEF 2019 to be held at Phoenix, Arizona, USA in May 2019.
- Please note that the Judges will have the final say and will hold all authority.
- Students / teachers are expected to have gone through extensive literature review and bring references for comparison to be able to prove novelty of their project idea.
On the day of the fair students should bring a project display as per guidelines given below:
Maximum Size of Project Depth (front to back): 30 inches or 76 centimeters
Width (side to side): 48 inches or 122 centimeters / Height (floor to top): 108 inches or 274 centimeters
Please be aware when ordering posters that the mechanism that supports the poster should conform to the maximum size limitations stated above.
- All project materials and support mechanisms must fit within the project dimensions.
- The fair-provided tables will not exceed a height of 36 inches (91 centimeters).
- If a table is used it becomes part of the project and must not exceed the allowed dimensions.
- Nothing can be attached to the rear curtain for display.
- All demonstrations must be done within the confines of the finalist booth, when not being demonstrated.