Participation Guidelines for National Science and Engineering Fair Pakistan 2021
We are currently planning that the National Science and Engineering Fair Pakistan 2021-2022 will be a virtual event that includes a judged competition and distribution of awards, both Grand Awards and the opportunity for Special Award Organizations to judge and name awardees. The decision is subject to change as per the changing COVID-19 situation across the regions and instructions of the NCOC (National Command and Operations Centre). We believe that an in-person science fair cannot and should not be replaced with a virtual experience as a long-term solution. The intrinsic value of the in-person dialogue, interaction and cultural and intellectual exchange that is afforded by an in-person event cannot be fully realized in a virtual environment. However, while we as a nation and as a world continue to suffer the effects of the pandemic, our over-arching goal is to keep all safe and to proceed with an abundance of caution. We recognize that these are difficult decisions to be made and we will be as flexible and as supportive as we can as we all continue to support our student scientists and engineers in pursuing their passion to the best of our ability.
Who is Eligible to Participate:
Students of Pakistani origin of class 8th to class 12th residing and studying in schools based in Pakistan. Students who have an idea that is original and innovative, are eligible to participate as an individual or a team of two. Only research based projects or novel engineering design qualify to participate at the National Science and Engineering Fair Pakistan. Hence, your project must be original in content, and should be substantiated with data collected from experimentation. Engineering projects should have novelty over the existing solutions and a working proto-type.
- The link for Registration Pro Forma is given below. Fill in the details and submit.
- Participating student or team must fill in questions of the Research Plan (page 2) which summarizes the research work done by student (s), after filling the Registration Form (page 1).
- The Research Plan should clearly explain the purpose of the proposed research.
- Originality is a must, plagiarism is strictly checked and not allowed.
- Repetition of previous year’ project is not allowed and such projects will be disqualified.
- Each student may enter only one project covering research done during a maximum of 12 continuous months, not more than that.
- 12 grade students will only be allowed if the parent submits a hundred rupee stamp undertaking along with his CNIC copy at the time of registration.
- The participant will be contacted by the relevant regional coordinator to inform whether the submitted project Research Plan has been accepted / approved by the committee of subject specialists via email.
- Please note that the Judges will have the final say and will hold all authority. Qualifying projects for the second and third round will again be scrutinized by the National Scientific Review Committee.
- Only qualifying projects / students will be eligible to proceed to next round. All students participating in the fair must adhere to rules as set forth in Science Fair Guidelines.
- For continuation projects describe all that the participant did last year and than explain clearly what new will be done during the current year. Unless you are able to clearly explain the old Research Plan and the new Proposed Research Plan your entry will not be accepted and you will not be allowed to participate.
- Students will be required to present their Project on the required three fold exhibit / poster / board format (dimensions given below), along with all the supplementary material, proto type / working model, the Abstract, Research Paper and the Data Log Book.
- Please ensure that the documents (the Abstract, Research Paper and the Data Log Book) are submitted on arrival at the Provincial Science Fair.
- If selected / shortlisted for the National Science and Engineering Fair 2021, revised / improved documents (the Abstract, Research Paper and the Data Log Book) should be re-submitted at least 15 days before the National Science Fair.
- Research Paper is the detailed information about the project.
- Students taking part in the Provincial Fairs who are winners / shortlisted will move on to the National Science and Engineering Fair 2021, to further vie for the opportunity to represent Pakistan at ISEF 2022.
- Please note that the Judges will have the final say and will hold all authority.
- Students / teachers are expected to have gone through extensive literature review and bring references for comparison to be able to prove novelty of their project idea.
On the day of the fair students should bring project display as per guidelines given below:
Maximum Size of Project
- Depth (front to back side panels): 18 inches (1.5 feet)
- Width (side to side center panel): 36 inches (3 feet)
- Height (placed on table): 48 inches (4 feet)
Please be aware when ordering posters that the mechanism that supports the poster should conform to the maximum size limitations stated above.
- All project materials and support mechanisms must fit within the project dimensions.
- Nothing can be attached to the rear curtain for display.
- All demonstrations must be done within the confines of the finalist booth.